The Most Annoying Patients That Gynecologists Have Encountered
When you think about the gynecological profession, you probably think hey most of them are male (straight males, right?) so they must have the time of their lives doing what they do! Looking at women, up close and personal, spending all day long inspecting and analyzing. It might sound great in theory but when put to practice there's a lot to deal with. Vaginas come in all shapes and sizes, and women have a large spectrum of cleanliness to pure manky-ness!
Gynecologists are used to all sorts of strange things, so when they were asked about the top 11 things that irritate them on the job, they responded.
1. Women who cancel their appointments because it's 'that time of the month'via:Giphy
2. When a patient insists on bringing their boyfriend or husband into the room.
You'll be fine, dear. You don't need someone to hold your hand. It will all be over soon!via: https://media.giphy.com/media/MkrFY0tOjSIZa/giphy.gif
3. Patients that claim they know what's wrong with them because they've googled it.
Google does not equal doctor. Please don't insult a gynecologist who has dedicated their lives to this profession!via:Giphy
4. Expecting to receive medication to tone down their libido.
Hormones are just that, hormones! Enjoy your libido while it lasts.via:Giphy
5. Putting up with being uncomfortable with a male gynecologist
If you're uncomfortable with having a male gyno, simply ask for a female one! You don't have to sit their in awkward silence.via:Giphy
6. Nasty nether regions
Have a shower before your appointment! Need I say more?via:Giphy
7. Patients that never get pap smears
Ladies, it's a simple procedure that doesn't hurt at all. Sure it might be a little invasive but I assure you it's less invasive than actually having cervical cancer and needing to get chemo for it. Get a check up and be safe!via:Giphy
8. Patients that ignore symptoms
No. It won't go away. Get it checked out ASAP!via:Giphy
9. Patients that completely stop taking birth control.
Okay, if it's giving you side effects then speak to your gynecologist about an alternative. Otherwise, pregnancy is a risk ya'll.via:Giphy
10. Asking their patient to move down the table. Further. A little more. More. Jesus!via:Giphy
11. Patients that don't fully trust their gynecologists
When you're a patient of any doctor, you're protected by a 'non disclosure agreement'. This means that you should feel comfortable in being completely open and honest to your gyno, and you should feel comfort to know that they will be as openly honest! You're there for advice and help, and they are there to give it to you :)via:Giphy