Final Destination is the perfect reference point here, although I'll admit is maybe a tad bit extreme for some of these circumstances.
The following people narrowly escaped some sort of danger, whether it be a car crash or a cut-off appendage. As humans, we find ourselves in situations every day that could potentially be dangerous, and a lot of those times we are not in charge of our own destiny. We cannot control if someone is going to drive through the crosswalk when we have the walk sign.
We cannot control where lightning strikes. We cannot control if the semi hauling giant logs in front of us on the highway didn't tie them down tight enough and they fly off, going straight through our windshield.
These are what we call freak accidents to make ourselves feel better about their unpredictable nature... or in these cases almost freak accidents.
1. Credit goes to Dad's beastly forearm
2. Literally three inches from decapitation
3. Coins - 1 WWII Bullets - 0
4. That could be a pretty sweet scar tattoo some day
5. No promises on the aftermath of this picture
6. This man is going home with all of his fingers surprisingly
7. Reasons that safety glasses are necessary
8. Big toe piercings could be a thing I think
9. Chainsaw versus HTC phone
10. This mudslide almost ended with a semi in the ocean