Here's OP's story and Reddit responses.
1. She could give the authorities an anonymous tip.
2. She should redirect suspension to her neighbour passersby.
3. She would be doing the dogs a favour by reporting.
4. She'd be a hero to the dogs.
5. There should be a special place in hell for animal abusers.
6. No animal deserves to be maltreated.
7. She should go further to have him blacklisted from wherever he's getting the dogs.
8. She should keep her safety in mind.
9. Her mom is equally guilty for allowing the abuse to continue.
10. Her stepfather deserves whatever comes to him when she reports him.
11. The a-hole is her stepfather.
12. Reporting will save the dogs.
13. Her stepfather and mom shouldn't be allowed to raise animals.
14. She would be an ahole if she didn't report.
What Do You Think?
Dealing with animal cruelty involving a family member can be difficult and sensitive, requiring a thoughtful and well-planned approach. One important step is to gather evidence of the abuse or neglect, such as photos, videos, or eyewitness accounts.
This evidence can be used to support any legal or administrative actions that may be taken. It's also important to have a calm and respectful conversation with the family member about the abuse or neglect and explain your concerns.
If the situation is severe, it may be necessary to contact local animal control or law enforcement authorities. Seek help from local animal welfare organizations or advocacy groups for support and advice.
Additionally, if the family member is struggling with underlying issues that may have contributed to the animal cruelty, it may be beneficial for them to seek therapy or counseling. Remember, the safety of the animals should always be the top priority, and it may take time and patience to resolve the issue.