1. "Hairdresser Did Me Dirty"
2. "Didn't Think They'd Do The Arrow Too"
3. "Spray Tan Tears Won't Go Away"
4. "What I Asked For vs. What I Got"
5. "What I Asked For vs. What I Got. $400 And I Feel Like An Idiot"
6. "Wanted A Simple Manicure For My Wedding In March. Right Is What I Got. I Was Upset But Also Couldn’t Stop Laughing"
7. "My Sister’s Nails For A Wedding"
8. "The Hairdresser Had 'No Idea' How This Happened"
9. "Needed A Pick Me Up, But I Feel Like I Got Screwed Over At The Nail Salon. These Look Whack, Right?"
10. "This Has Been All Over My Social Feeds Lately. The Artist Has A Booking Site And Charges $85"
11. "Went To My Hairdresser With This Pic Today"
12. "I Guess I Got What I Paid For With This Free Look. Asked Makeup Artist For Homecoming Makeup"
13. "First Pic Is What I Asked For, Other Pics Are What I Ended Up With"
14. "This Is What Happened To My Client When She Went Into A Different Local Nail Salon Without Doing Her Research"
15. Balayage Hair? Say No More
16. "What My Sister Got vs. What She Asked For"
17. "My Sister's Friend Got Her Nails Done By A 'Professional' Nail Artist"
18. "All I Wanted Was Bangs That Look Like Dakota Johnson’s. I Showed Her Multiple Pictures And This Was What I Got"
It’s been over a year and they look fine now, but wow, I was suffering for a few months there.
19. "Asked For Caramel Balayage, Came Out Looking Like A Tiger"
20. "Expectations vs. Reality: Curly Hair"
21. "Yes, Done At A Real Salon. And Yes, She Did Cry When She Saw It"
22. "She Went To The Worst-Reviewed Makeup Artist In Her City"
23. "When You Accidentally Go To The Worst Stylist In Your Country"
24. "What My Sister Asked For vs. What The Salon Did vs. What My Mom Did After The Salon Disaster"
25. "My Best Friend Got This Done At Ulta Today"
26. "A Sephora Employees Rendition Of A 'No Makeup Makeup' Look. At Least Is Was Free"
27. "Are These Too Thick? I Can’t Tell If I’m Just Not Used To Them Or If This Is A Normal Application. I’m Not Thrilled With Them"
28. "What I Asked For And What I Got"
29. "The Usual Hairdresser Disaster. My Usual Curl Pattern vs. After Styling By The Hairdresser After A Cut"
30. "The Haircut She Wanted vs. What She Got"
31. "My Awful Eyebrows. Bad Microblading, Cheap Ink, Wrong Aftercare Directions. Now Look At Them"
31. "Expectation vs. Reality ($200 Later). Hairdresser Tried Telling Me It Was The Same Thing. Nope. Nope. No"
32. "Nail Bar Experience In Indonesia"
34. "Reference Photo vs. What I Got"
35. "What My Hair Looked Like - What I Asked For - And How It Turned Out"
36. "$60 "Professional" Halloween Makeup. I Asked For The Photo On The Left, With Just A Little Fake Blood. On The Right Is What The Makeup Artist Gave Me"
27. Horrible Shade Match
38. "My Little Sister Got Her Makeup Done For My 30th Birthday Party. She’s Really Good At Doing Her Own Makeup. However, She Wanted To Treat Herself And Went To The Salon"
29. "What I Asked For vs. What I Got - $450 AUD And 4.5hrs Later. I'm Going To Bed"
40. "What I Wanted vs. What I Got"
Getting out of a salon can really be a nightmare, and it's even hard enough to see them ruining your hair or nails the entire time but you are too nice to say anything about it. Let's not generalize these businesses, though, because there really are a lot of great salons out there—you just have to do your research first!
Do you have a similar experience to share? Comment down your thoughts, or share this article for all your family and friends to see!