1. That one Sunday at the LEGO store with the friendly employees was probably one of the highlights of the kid's life before he passed
2. There are no words to explain how heart-wrenching this is to read
3. Wiz is just staying true to his words — live young, wild, and free
4. If an expert tells you that you won't enjoy smelling a sea creature's breath, you better listen but I guess his wish lived up to his expectations
5. I hope that day was as great as he dreamt it would be
6. This story makes the game even more meaningful for those who played Wizard101
7. If it made 17-year-old you happy, then that's all that matters
8. This is a really cool wish inspired by Grey's Anatomy and the one & only McDreamy
9. Stories like these make it easy to believe that people are inherently good despite their own personal struggles
10. The absolute dedication of the volunteer to make sure the costume was delivered on time!
11. The police officer who volunteered to be tased is a gem and if a video of this exists online, please send them this way
12. Free cable for life to sustain the love for wrestling is not an awful deal
13. If that day was this memorable to the pilot, I can only imagine how the kid felt
14. The kid probably hoped to be a veterinarian one day and thought this was his only chance to make it come true
15. That baked potato, if that's what they got, better be made by the best chef in the world. Side note: who uses their kid's Make-A-Wish opportunity for their own gain?
16. Don't forget to ask his recipe for horcruxes, kid
17. And may you enjoy many more years camping in that very special camper!
18. This makes Vlasic pickles taste more awesome in sandwiches in my very humble opinion
19. This commenter lives in another country and we hope they get the opportunity to see Bill Burr live
20. To you it may just be another banana split, but to that kid, it was the best banana split in the world!
21. That ramp will forever be there to remind them of his recovery
22. That is one of the best wishes that was submitted to this Reddit thread
23. I will continue on believing that this kid lived on and is now training to be a pilot
24. When you really think about it, a cat is just as good as a unicorn if you love it just the same
25. Create as much art as you can, for as long as you can
... this is an example of this commenter's drawing!
26. Now, he can include "retired Gotham police officer" on his resume
27. The kid probably believed that a console was the best possession any human could ever have
28. This kid had very diverse choices to pass the time
29. Cancer sucks big time! What a day though, playing golf with Payne Stewart!
30. I personally prefer Bert and Ernie but it is great to know that the commenter's kid kicked leukemia's butt
31. The kid had such a practical request. I am fervently wishing he never thought it was his fault his parents couldn't get a citizenship.
32. It's that one person who asks the Genie for an infinite amount of wishes but hey, can't blame them for trying
33. That actually sounds like a great day for an Adam Sandler fan
34. San Francisco was Gotham City for a day...
... and Batkid survived cancer and probably kicking ass beside Batman ever since!
35. It's like a whole summer compressed into one trip!
36. Could have made Mr. Willis get you a laptop — two wishes in one
37. Top 3 is not a bad spot at all but yeah, I can imagine why it would be awkward to "settle" for the third one after the first two declined
38. An edible moon? Life is complete!
39. Good guy that John Cena even though he is invisible most of the time
40. This comment will make more sense when you watch the video below:
I felt all emotions while watching this video but man was it worth it!
It's incredible how humans, no matter the age and capacity for understanding, can find levity even in the toughest situations. No kid deserves to suffer that young but organizations like Make-A-Wish help make their burdens lighter... even if it's just for a while.