Here are some of the stories on how they made that million:
1. This person was a programmer at the time when the internet was just becoming a thing
They invested in real estate and lives below their means
2. Received a cash gift from fiancé's grandparents who won tens of millions of dollars in the lottery
3. Became an officer in the Army, saved money, and invested it
Became a landlord with a diversified portfolio amounting to two million dollars
4. Saved 40% of their salary and traded in the stock market
5. Penny-pinching and consistently put money into long-term investments
6. Took out a loan and used the money to become a landlord then repeat a couple more times until you have a sizeable passive income
7. A lucky person who was at a bad point in his life, gambled, and fortunately won almost two million dollars one night
8. This hard worker who slowly climbed up the ranks, saved and invested religiously, and married a person with a similar ethic
9. Investing in their 401k as early as possible
Reaped the benefits of the compound interest
10. Know enough about your field to become a consultant and charge a ridiculous amount of money
11. Born into wealthy immigrant parents who got rich by working hard at California tech companies
12. This mom who did not change their lifestyle despite the sizeable pay bump. She is a wise spender and an even better saver.
13. Supported her husband's dream. He is a good businessman and they built their wealth together.
14. This grandchild who had amazing grandparents. They got it right when they invested a small amount of money to the right companies.
15. This person who inherited money from their deceased father and grew the money
The road to becoming a millionaire is not easy. Saving monthly will eventually become a habit if you are consistent about it but the real challenge is avoiding the temptation to spend it.
It must feel amazing once you realize that all those months, if not years, of saving and investing have finally paid off. Your million dollars may not buy you a yacht but it will at least give you some peace of mind.